Monday, October 11, 2010

Assignment 4- Slice of Life

Slightly unfinished.


Page 1

Panel 1 – Suited people sitting around a table, talking and smoking.

Man 1 – How have the orange groves been growing lately? They doing well?-

Man 2 – You always ask that and I always tell you, they’re doing just fine. You can trust me with your business, partn-

Panel 2 -

Man 1 – Yea yea, I can trust you, but you can’t blame me for worrying. One screw up and we’ll lose more than just a yearly quota.

Panel 3 -

Man 3 – It’s your deal, dammit, did you guys come here just to talk ‘bout work or did we come to play cards?

Man 2 – Someone’s eager to move on, think I’m gonna fold.

Panel 4 -

Man 1 – Same here, oh and make sure you don’t fold on our trade with the McKenzie’s.

Man 3 – Bloody pussies.

Man 2 – I’m not a fan of losing money, but I’ll trust you this once when you say that it’ll benefit me in the long run.

Panel 5 -

Man 1 – Don’t worry, I did the numbers on this man.

Man 3 – Time you started counting your own numbers, can’t count on you to run a business if you can’t count.

Man 2 – Shut uuup.

Page 2 –

Panel 1 – Dealing the cards again

Man 1 – How’s the wife and kids?

Man 2- Good hand, good hand.

Panel 2 -

Man 3 – What are you really trying to ask me?

Panel 2 -

Man 1 – Nothing really, you just seem like you had a problem with somethin’ all day. Finals was around this week wasn’t it-

Man 2 – Hated that shit.

Pane 3 -

Man 1- How’d your daughter do?

Man 3 – Dumb pig, either she sits on her ass ‘home or she’s out somewhere with some boy. Don’t know what she expects to be in the future.

Panel 4 -

Man 1 – Night Consoler?

Man 2 – Maybe an artist?

Man 1 – Oh, an artist’s something right?

Man 3 – Both’s worth fuck all.



Obviously, I took some liberties as to "whose" common life I was slicing from and did a typical shady conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment