Thursday, November 11, 2010

Final Hour - Comic Pitch

Pitch: The final conversation between an astronaut and his wife in what may be Earth’s most distressing hour.

Synopsis: Antony Whittaker, routine engineer/astronaut, is trapped in the nosebleed seats of Earth’s final show. After some consoling from his commanding officers, Antony gets the chance to speak with his wife, Estela Whittaker, one last time. The world around him starts to seem unreal and detached from the fear of being alone but he thrives to hold on to be there for his wife while she’s still with him and in arguably a worse situation.


Product possibilities: Most likely, no sequels will be made. If the short story does well however, similar ones with more market potential can and will be made.





Cover, Black and White




Close to Final Page


Page 1

Panel 1 – Zoomed out, astronaut sitting in chair on computer

Panel 2 – Panel zoomed in on astronauts face/lower jaw.

Astronaut- B-but what am I supposed to do!

Voice from computer – There’s not much you can do, Anthony…We’re sorry.

Panel 3 – Close shot on screen, soldier appears on it talking.

Solider – I really wish that…well you know, Tony.

Panel 4 – Shot on some electronics in the ship

Panel 5 – Zoomed out, showing outside of shuttle and space.

Antony – I-I really can’t take this. What- Where am I supposed to go?

Soldier – You’ll think of something, Tony…It’s never too late.

Panel 6 – See Tony tossing his head back,, almost in a tantrum.

Antony - Think of something? What kind of joke is that? How can I or anyone in this situation really come up with an answer other than…

Panel 7 – Sits upright again

Antony – Wait a second…

Panel 8 – Small, Fingers immediately typing on the computer.

Page 2

Panel 1 – Maybe, it’s not too late. Maybe I can land… yeah, I can probably still land upon that-

Woman – Stop it, Tony.

Panel 2 – Small, zoom in on his eye.

Panel 3 – Shot from above, semi-Birds eye

Antony – E…Estela?

Panel 4 – Shot from the side, very jerky movements and flashy color.

Antony –I-I didn’t think I was going to get to see you again! How did you get all the way to the station, especially with the way things are now? I mean, I imagine that it wou—

Panel 5 – Antony sits back and calms

Antony – What am I saying… it doesn’t matter how, you’re here now.

Estela – Exactly, babe… but it was one hell of a trip!

Panel 6 – Shot from inside station, side of Estela’s face, biting lips.

How are you feeling about all of this, Tony? How are you taking it?

Panel 7 – Pulled out, showing more of the station and the people inside, watching the screen.

Antony - The same way any sane man would…

Panel 8 – Close up on Antony’s face

Antony- with complete disbelief, fear… madness. Everything! I can’t face this- not without you here…

Panel 9 – Shot of Estela’s hand on the monitor.

Estela – Stop it, Antony. I can’t…be there. And I know…deep inside, you wouldn’t want me there

Antony – Of course I wouldn’t, but-

Estela – I know. You also don’t want to be alone through this… but I can assure you, you aren’t.

Page 3

Panel 1 – Wide shot, outside of ship looking down the bridge to earth.

Estela –whisper Remember a few years ago when this whole going to space thing started to seem more and more real… how happy you were at the idea of…of..

Antony – Being far enough to hold the world in my hands…

Panel 2 – Mid shot, Estela

Estela – Right, haha. It wasn’t the most romantic thing I’ve heard someone say about space.

Antony – What, you wanted me to something like, “I can finally see all of God’s wonders” or “Maybe I’ll be able to find out what star your gorgeous eyes fell from”?

Panel 3 – Wide shot, Antony sitting and showing back of ship, fish eye view.

Antony - half laughing You’d like something corny like that?

Estela – It doesn’t matter how silly it sounds, if you say it at the right time it all seems beautiful, Antony…

Panel 4 – Shot of some computers and dials moving.

Estela – But anyway, I did like what you said. This universe twists and turns without a single thought of its effect on us. It would be nice to be able to take a bit more control. To not feel so hopeless in times like these…

Panel 5 – Antony starts messing with some controls

Panel 6 – Ship slowly rotates

Estela – Still there, babe?

Antony – Yea, I’m still here.

Estela – Good… I…I really wish that there was something, someone could do. You know the situation’s hopeless when even the President is outside, praying with the people.

Panel 7 – Turning more knobs while talking

Antony – You mean- wait, he’s not in a bunker or something?

Estela – I don’t think those could save anyone from this, Antony, I really don’t. Chariot is too big and moving too fast for anything like that to work...

Page 4 –

Panel 1 – Antony slams control desk.

Antony – Why…why…why…whywhywhywhy!?

Panel 2 – Estela on the computer screen

Estela – Calm down baby, you’ll be alright.

Panel 3 – Mid shot, Antony gripping some controls

Antony – It’s not fair though! This is no way for death to happen, not by science or a god! No, no!

Estela – Antony, PLEASE. I need you.. here.

Panel 4 – Wide shot, everyone holding hands, crying, hugging.

Estela – We need you…Antony. To be strong up there, for us.

Panel 5 – Shot of a father playing with his kids

Estela - There must be an uncountable amount of things, moments, feelings just going on right now.

Panel 6 – Mobs breaking loose, someone throwing Molotov bomb.

Estela – I cannot even begin to surmise the sort of face mankind is showing right now in its final hour. Whether its beautiful…or disgusting.

Panel 7 – Small shot, her face on the screen

Panel 8 – Widen that shot a bit, show his hand touching where her face is

Estela – None of that matters though, Antony because you’ll have the last say. You’ll choose what face humanity shows in the end.

Antony – whimper

Panel 9 – Mid shot, Estela

Estela – I really love you, you know Tony…

Antony – I know. And you know.. I love you. And you…

Panel 10 – Small panel, her hand touching screen

Antony – And you…and you…

Panel 11 – Close up on Antony sitting there

Antony – And about everything on this fucking beautiful planet of ours. And I’ll never forget a single one, Estela I’ll never forge—

Estela – God, I don’t want this to happen! Not like this! Antony!!

Panel 12 – Behind Antony, looking at computer screen video, can kind of see earth through cockpit window and a spectacular light.

Antony – ESTELA!!

Estela - video cutting No..- Ant- y…No-

Page 5 –

Panel 1 -Splash, whole page- Asteroid breaching the atmosphere. The flames and light almost resembles angel wings

Panel 2 – Small, on top of Splash - Antony screaming in sadness

Panel 3 – Small, on top of Splash – Antony in shock from the sight

Panel 4 – Small, on top of Splash – Antony, head down from the grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment